- Check all common areas of the estate each day, identifying priorities and ordering works as necessary.
- Remove rubbish and clean graffiti from the estate as soon as it is reported.
- Keep all entrances, corridors and stairways clean and tidy, responding to need rather than sticking to schedules.
- Maintain the courtyard and the grassed areas of the estate to a high standards.
- Provide an efficient and accessible rent collection service for Council Tenants giving residents appropriate welfare advice.
- Provide an excellent repairs service aiming to complete repairs to a high standard well within the timescales laid down by Wandsworth Council
- Deliver a good service to all Goulden House residents according to their needs.
- Encourage active participation by residents and help to foster a community on the estate.
- Ensure that all residents can attend meetings and have access to information about the objectives of the organisation.
The current rules are: GH Memorandum and Articles (pdf)
The Rules were changed in 2017 to reduce the quorum at meetings from 25 to 15. Confirmation letter from FCA regarding Rule change
Joining the co-operative
Goulden House aims to be an Equal Opportunities Organisation. We value the diversity of residents living in Goulden House and we will treat residents according to their needs, ensuring that all residents have access to our services and the opportunity to participate in the Organisation. We will not discriminate against any resident on any grounds but in particular on race, colour, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. A copy of our complete Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure forms part of our management agreement with the Council and can be obtained from the Goulden House Office, free of charge to members.
The Management Committee is made up of residents of the estate and one council nominee. It is responsible for employing staff and contractors and running the estate on your behalf. At every Annual General Meeting, one third of the Committee memberships stand down to encourage new people to come forward although they can stand for re-election. The Committee meets quarterly and all residents are welcome to attend meetings and or request items to for discussion. The Committee aims to keep you informed about what’s going on through meetings, events, and this website.
The management of the estate is overseen by the Management Committee which typically consists of between 6-12 residents; any leaseholder or council tenant can join the committee as a full voting member and private tenants can join but cannot vote in matters which may affect the service charges.
Goulden House is always looking for new committee members who can bring skills to our team, if you are interested and can commit a small amount of time (there are 4 committee meetings and 4 general meetings each financial year) to help your estate be the best it can be, please contact the office.
Our current Committee Officers are as follows:
Chair: Krys Dylewska
Secretary: Jane Memmler
Treasurer: Richard Hickie
Any committee member would be happy to explain more about the committee to anyone interested in joining.